Good Oil Company was founded by Don O. Good Sr. in 1941. Based out of Monterey, Indiana, the company was involved mainly in the sale and delivery of petroleum products to farm and home heat customers. Don became a Standard Oil/Amoco jobber and continued to grow the business until his retirement in 1978. When Don retired, his two sons, Don and Dean, assumed operation of the company and in 1980 they relocated the business to its current offices in Winamac, Indiana.
Don and Dean could see the gasoline service station business was changing. Convenience stores were beginning to add gasoline, and gas stations were beginning to sell convenience items. They embraced these changes and entered the convenience store business. They have enjoyed steady growth over the years and now operate many retail locations and supply over 100 dealer locations. These sites are under the BP, Citgo, Marathon and Phillips 66 brands.
As Nicole Earp and Wyatt Good, Don and Dean’s children, have become more involved in the business, the company has continued to maintain and grow their original customer base as well as expand their wholesale fuel operations. We pride ourselves in community involvement, integrity, and high moral standards. Good Oil Company emphasizes commitment and hopes to provide value to the cities and towns that have allowed us to become part of their communities.